Solutions Engineer / Sr. Solutions Engineer, Customer Success
As a Solutions Engineer you will serve as an expert consultant to Niara’s customers and partners, leveraging a keen understanding of Network, Security, and Data Science methodologies, to build strong relationships. Your expertise and knowledge of the Niara solution will help you to identify new opportunities and close business working closely with Niara’s Sales and Reseller organizations.
In this role, you will be responsible for a specific region, working closely with an Account Manager and a small number of strategic partners, covering a core list of customer accounts. Your success will be dependent upon a clear understanding of the big data security analytics landscape and the technical challenges that you have to overcome by clearly articulating Niara’s core values and deploying our solution successfully.
Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in a relevant field, and or equivalent work experience
- Typically possesses 5 to 10 years of relevant professional work experience, with at least 3 in a similar security solutions or sales engineer role that includes enterprise-wide information security architecture review, installations, and troubleshooting
- Experience selling enterprise-class security solutions into Fortune 1000 environments through channel partners
- Certifications in one or more of the following preferred: CISSP-ISSAP (Information Systems Security Architecture Professional), GIAC GSEC (GIAC Security Essentials)
- Experience in a diverse geography network environments, including multiple network technologies (WAN, LAN, Wireless) Windows Desktop and Server (Active Directory), UNIX / Linux installation, configuration, and system administration
- A clear understanding of practices and methods of IT strategy and enterprise architecture with emphasis on security architecture
- A clear understanding of perimeter and interconnected systems security controls, e.g., Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Load Balancers, Proxies, Content Filters, Network Access Control (NAC), and network segmentation
- A strong grasp of router, switch, and Wi-Fi configurations. Configuration of SPAN ports and Tap installations, as well as an understanding of Packet Broker technologies
- A working knowledge of protocols, such as HTTP/S, DNS, DHCP, SSH, SMB, SMTP, SNMP, as well as TCP/IP transport
- SIEM and or Log Management experience, i.e. ArcSight, Q1Labs, and or Splunk is highly desired
- Secret or Top Secret security clearance is a plus
Interested in this position?
Please Contact us and reference job code: SE